Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
The new council brings together senior Finance Shared Services Leaders from the world’s leading companies. Members have responsibility for running, standardizing and digitizing procure to pay, order to cash and record to report operations globally.
The Council is self-governed and provides a confidential and vendor-free environment where members get exposed to best practices beyond their sectors and draw on the group’s collective knowledge.
Members share "what's next", discuss challenges and collaboratively explore solutions to improve their own and their organization’s performance. Members meet in person 3 times per year at different companies and stay connected in-between meetings via virtual sessions.
Registrations are now open
We are currently forming a group of founding members who will shape the direction of the new Council and be at the forefront to play a vital role in the design and creation of the Council Charter. For more details please contact:
Paola di Caro
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +32 2 679 5070
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective topic selection and problem solving that puts your issues on the agenda
- Informal, real-time benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
- Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
- Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine for your company
- Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
“I find the open discussions in the GBS Council extremely useful. It’s a great platform for meeting peers, discussing trends, and sharing honest insights into both good, and bad practices. This is increasingly important in an agile world of rapidly developing digital technologies and possibilities – especially for Shared Services.”
Kai-Eberhard Lueg, Corporate VP Business Process Shared Services, Siemens - Member of the GBS Council
“Council meetings allow for members to exchange some of the major challenges we all face, in a very open, relaxed environment; and learn how colleagues are tackling them. It’s also helpful to realize that other companies are struggling with the same challenges or opportunities. It makes you feel more secure that you are heading in the right direction or making the right decisions. I had my Head of Global Business Services join the Shared Services Council because of this potential for constructive peer-to-peer exchange.”
Mathias Margreiter, Member of the Executive Board, Head of Finance, Swarovski - Member of the CFO Council
Finance Services Delivery
- Strategy design, development and implementation
- Shared services
- Service delivery footprint
- End-to-end cross-functional collaboration
Finance Operations and Processes
- Functional assessment of process performance management, etc.
- Process improvement and automation
- Achieving business outcomes
- User satisfaction
- KPI and scorecards, benchmarking and cost improvement
- Team development
- Data excellence
Finance Digitization and Systems
- RPA, Apps, Machine Learning, AI, etc.
- Point solutions: closing, reporting, credit, cash applications, travel, etc.
- Business intelligence and analytics
- Finance portal
- ERP solutions and set-up
This council is particularly aimed at Finance Shared Services leaders. These leaders will have the possibility to bring in or be represented by their PTP, OTC, or RTR operations heads depending on main focus of the meetings.