This Council was established in 2000 to identify emerging issues and best practice in diversity and inclusion and to help shape and communicate appropriate business responses.
The business imperative for diversity and inclusion has never been stronger. Globalization requires the ability to manage and motivate a multicultural workforce across borders and time zones. Changing demographics (e.g., the rise of women in organisations, the prevalence of dual-career couples, the aging workforce) mean that organisations increasingly have to focus on inclusive leadership behavior, new ways of working, and new career models. Companies rising to these challenges will be well positioned to attract and retain the best talent, foster innovation, and benefit from new opportunities in an increasingly diverse marketplace.
The Council supports the efforts of senior executives who want to build inclusive cultures, providing them with the big picture, practical tools, and a forum for sharing experiences with their peers. A confidential environment affords members the opportunity to compare notes on challenges and successes and to support business performance through effective change programs, measurements, and benchmarking.
Companies & Members - Diversity and Inclusion in Business Council
- ABB Ltd
- American Express Services Europe Limited
- Arup Group Ltd.
- BNP PARIBAS
- Barilla S.p.A.
- Bayer Corporation
- Credit Suisse AG
- Deutsche Post AG
- Eaton S.r.l.
- Electronic Arts Europe Ltd.
- Hilti Corporation
- ING Group
- ING Group
- IngKa Group (Alias Ikea Group)
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kering Group
- Lloyd's Register Group
- Nestle S.A.
- Roche Diagnostics GmbH
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Tetra Pak International S.A.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- UBS Group AG
- UCB SA
- Volkswagen AG
- Wintershall Dea GmbH
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices. Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
“The Council offers access to best practices, cutting edge research, and thought leaders through valuable learning events, meetings, and publications. It advances both my professional development and the expansive discipline of Diversity .”
"The Council continues to be incredibly valuable, with deepening discussions and new experiences from members who've just joined"
"There's always a new perspective"
"Every time I get more and more out of it"
"I'm super positive to have joined this network"
"I'm always amazed at how much we pack in"
"Really valuable and well run"
"There is a lot of trust, respect and sharing"
“Excellent meeting, love the combination of external expert and company sharing presentations. Great networking”
- How Can Companies Keep Mature Workers Engaged?
- LGBT Inclusion
- Implementing D&I Across Cultures
- Introducing a Mental Well-Being Programme at Work
- Inter-generational Working
- Creating a Flexible Working Culture
- Shifting the Dial on Gender
- Unconscious Bias
- Designing and Delivering a Global D&I Strategy
- Making the Case for Diversity and Inclusion