The European Council on Corporate Governance was founded in recognition of the growing importance attached by investors to the effectiveness of the corporate board. It is a sister council to the European Council on Corporate Strategy and the European Council on Investor Relations, and has strong connections to the Global Corporate Governance Research Center, based in New York.
The Council is for executives with governance interest and responsibility in Europe, including corporate secretaries and legal counsel and institutional investors responsible for corporate governance policies.
Representative Topics Include:
* Developments in European codes and best practice recommendations
* Ownership and control of European companies and comparisons of governance structures
* Communications between Investors and Corporations
* Developments in Director Education in Europe
* Impact of U.S. regulatory requirements on U.K. and European Companies