The chief financial officer is more than a company’s top-ranking money person; he or she is responsible for a cross-section of functions that touch on every aspect of business, from staffing and succession planning to IT. We discuss acquiring and retaining financial talent, and financial issues surrounding tax and budgeting. We also cover:
- Financial reporting and the balanced score card
- Risk and crisis management
- Compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley
As CFOs, we have a far more complex role than we could have imagined 10 years ago. Our meetings give us a chance to share solutions in this challenging new world. Members can receive CPE credits for participation.
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
CFOs or senior financial executives of companies with annual sales of at least $250 million
|The Conference Board is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE Credit Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the national registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, or by visiting the web site: www.nasba.org|