The CEO is the only corporate position for which there is no true job description and no true training program. Yet, being a CEO is a process of continual learning and adapting. The Conference Board CEO and Presidents Council is the one entity where CEOs and Presidents can come together to learn from peers, to share best practices, to receive information from subject matter experts on issues of importance to the CEO, and to do so in a confidential setting that encourages discussion across vertical lines of business. It is a place where ideas are presented that turn into actionable items once the member returns to his or her office.
As such, each of the three Council meetings per year consists of peer learning, presentations on key issues and, where applicable, ground breaking research. Member-selected discussion topics may include:
- The CEO’s role in sponsoring innovation
- Working with your Board of Directors effectively
- Workforce issues such as diversity and developing a talent pipeline
- Mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures: how to choose the right medium
- Succession planning
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
CEOs/COOs of mid market companies or presidents/heads of large corporate divisions