Collaborative learning and knowledge transfer are more critical today than ever before. Rapid changes in the marketplace are requiring organizations to learn faster and accelerate the flow of knowledge and experience across their employees, partners, suppliers and customers.
Our mission is to advance the practice of collaborative knowledge sharing and transfer through perspectives on social and business processes, enabling technologies, and organizational culture. In particular, the Council focuses on:
- Informal learning, knowledge sharing and transfer across the entire value chain, enabled by the latest social collaboration and networking behaviors and tools and leading edge KM and collaboration practices
- Harvesting and transferring experience in the form of actionable insights, lessons learned, good practices through collaborative conversations and contextualized content
- The integration of people/culture, process and technology to enable the generation and effective transfer of collective knowledge supported by metrics, systems and structures
The Council is member-driven and biased toward practical application. We prompt and provoke our thinking through engagements with leading practitioners, and thought leaders from research and academia. We use proven knowledge transfer facilitation and inquiry methods – the very methods we apply in our work – to enhance our own conversations and ‘braintrust’.
Council membership affords:
- Collaborative problem solving & knowledge transfer that makes your issue the agenda item in our peer assist process
- A unified voice raisedvia The Conference Board statements and publications
- Benchmarking through regular council surveys
- Multi-function insights and an added wealth of perspective when councils work together across functions and geographies - more than 100 councils worldwide, covering more than 50 functions
- Virtual communities that extend the learning with a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
Senior managers who have primary responsibility for driving business value and creating organizational capability through collaboration, social learning and/or internal knowledge management and services.
What members say
“I really look forward to the meetings. In my opinion, nothing compares to sharing ideas, challenges, and successes with other company leaders in the space. It’s great to know that I have a whole network of practitioners to call upon along the journey…and they, in turn, have called upon me. It’s a wonderful partnership.” -Carol Csanda, State Farm
Leadership and Executive Committee
- Program Director, Kent Greenes, is one of the pioneers in the field of KM and is globally-recognized for his leadership as head of knowledge management for both British Petroleum and SAIC.
- Ana Kreacic, Partner | Chief Knowledge Officer, Oliver Wyman
- Tom Barfield, Director of Social Learning & Knowledge Sharing, Accenture
- Paul Wypasek, Business Manager, Turner Knowledge Network, Turner Construction Company