Since so many organizations have successfully implemented shared services models, they have become an accepted strategy for enterprise-wide business services delivery. Yet, many organizations are just now finding that their organizations are ready to consolidate and standardize business processes in internal captive or even outsourced centers and are eager to adopt the best practices of more mature organizations.
As a member of the Shared Services Council, you have the opportunity to learn, benchmark, and access the insights which will ensure successful implementation and institutionalization of shared services models, or take it to the next level by moving from single center/single function or process operations to working at scale. In short, the Council will help you to deliver more value to the enterprise.
The Council allows for confidential and candid knowledge sharing and discussion about the challenges attendant to standardizing business processes across functions, geographies or processes with a specific focus on best practices implemented by leaders in the industry, including:
- Learning to integrate processes, people and technology to deliver new business capabilities, greater efficiency and productivity
- Taking the enterprise on the journey from single shared service center operations to an integrated network, creating more value through scale, standardization and consolidation
- Learning- how to deploy effective change and stakeholder management and communication strategies to speed implementation and reduce noise
- Uncovering the key components of an effective performance metrics platform to embed a culture of continuous improvement
- Mastering the secrets of effective governance
- Obtaining effective sponsorship from the C-suite
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers in an international network are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogues at meetings and in between provide you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
Collective problem solving that puts your issues on the agenda
Global benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums, webcasts, webinars, and other resources
Who should join?
Shared services leaders whose organizations are at the beginning of the journey