This is a business led council that will focus on three key aspects of leadership: business impact, people impact and personal impact.
Topics cover a wide range of aspects, from the vital questions of the world economy to big data and what you need to know. It directs attention to new and mature markets and fields of action for companies and regions and enables the joint exploration of visions and strategies. It also addresses key aspects as leadership such as which skills, missions and values do female leaders and male leaders offer and how can they make their talents available for business and society.
The topics covered will provide a wide range of business insights such as:
- Understanding global economic risks and trends
- Big Data and What you need to know
- Break through innovation in business
- Cultural awareness and operating across different geographies
- The Dos and Don’ts of doing business in China
- India - the fast changing environment and emerging trends
- Exploring Africa - an growing economy with massive potential
- Managing Mature Markets
- The role of compliance, ethics and risk management
- Managing complex change - a case study and examples of success
- Emerging trends in social media, communications and the role of the leader
- Working with a new CEO or executive team - managing relationships well
- How to identify and manage high potential talent including the Millennials
- The future of work - latest thinking from top business schools
- Leadership and the power of storytelling
- The Emerging role of HR in Business
- Labor shortages and strategic workforce planning
- Stakeholder Management and Employer Brand
- Stepping into a new global role and setting yourself up for success
- Managing your impact, image and brand
- Unconscious bias - impact in the workplace, closing the confidence gap
- The role of women in business - a specific look at Asia, the Middle East and Japan
- Mentoring & coaching for success
- Leading your former peer group, a promotion from within
- How to enhance your career with a trustee, non-executive or advisory role - a view from the chairman
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective topic selection and problem solving that put your issues on the agenda
- Informal, Real-time Benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
- Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
- Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine for your company
- Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
Who should join?
- Senior female executives with global responsibility or those on a career path towards a global executive role with the next three years
- Senior female executives operating at executive committee level or one level below.
- Typically reporting to the CEO or C-suite member, e.g: Global Head, Global Business Lead, Group Head
- An established member of the senior leadership community within their organization, e.g. one of the Top 200.
What Happens at a Meeting?
- Presentations by members or external experts on topics selected by members
- Discussions on leading edge or “day to day” issues picked by and moderated by members
- Panels where 2-3 members share experiences on a topic
Upcoming meetings: May 2016, October 2016
Council Director, Global Business Women Leaders; Advancing Women in Leadership; HR Executives Councils