The role of chief compliance & ethics officer continues to rapidly evolve and increase in profile, so we have a unique opportunity to define our jobs even as we seek ways to do them better. The council gives us the opportunity to explore these questions and more: Are we insiders or outsiders? How do we gain departmental independence and empowerment? What is the best way to work with legal, HR, and other key functions? What are the emerging risks and trends?
Council topics include:
- Managing compliance risk in emerging markets
- Managing HR databases, data protection, data security
- Managing competition law risk
- Large scale integration aspects in organizations/integration of new people
- Due diligences for local supplier/third parties/business partners
- The responsibility of the Compliance Officer
- Risk assessments vs Compliance programs
- Investigation: What to investigate? What action to take?
- Helping leadership make a decision about sanctions, including legal and practical issues.
- Moving beyond compliance into ethics and culture
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
The most senior executive, responsible for compliance and situated in Europe or the Middle East.