Over the last twenty-five years, there has been a significant rise in the number of women earning undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as entering the workplace; we are now are in the midst of an evolution in the number of women in entry, middle management and senior management positions. As women continue to take on increased leadership responsibilities, there is a growing desire to focus on women’s leadership topics and explore relevant issues that will reinforce the development of current business and future women leaders and deliver important results.
The Council is a thought provoking group where the evolution of emerging and best leadership practices and challenges for advancing women in the workplace will be shared by both female and male colleagues.
Discussion topics include:
- How has strategic initiative of the focus of the advancement of women in the workplace impacted critical business results - not limited to revenue, but also innovation and talent related objectives?
- What have you learned from times of uncertainty and setbacks that you have experienced?
- What role will male leaders play in advancing female leaders throughout an organization?
- What ways have you gained confidence to go beyond your comfort zone? How do you inspire others and build “followership”?
- What is the legacy this generation of women leaders will pass on to the next generation?
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
Members are leading enterprise-wide initiatives to identify, select and advance high potential women into significant leadership roles
SVP, General Counsel & Program Director