The chief counsel faces a variety of challenges in addition to ensuring compliance and protecting reputations. Members of this forum explore these challenges from both a macro and micro perspective, discussing the broad legal implications of everything from knowledge management to sustainability as well as the specifics of recent and pending legislation:
- D&O policies in the current environment
- Pending card check legislation
- Proposed disclosure rules under FAS5
In addition to frank conversation, members of this council have enjoyed presentations by such key government officials as the U.S. Attorney General and several justices of the U.S. Supreme Court, as well as presidential counsels.
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
Chief legal officers of North American companies