Social media is woven into every aspect of business. It's a necessity, and it changes daily. With new developments in existing channels, mixed with the increasing debut of new channels and devices and the evolving ways in which these are used, it's nearly impossible to keep up with the rapid pace of change. But it's critical to keep as up-to-date as possible and share best practice in this ever-morphing space.
The Council allows for confidential and candid peer knowledge sharing. Members focus on timely and personal challenges and work together to problem solve and develop best practices in social media. Topics include:
- Developing an integrated social media strategy
- Ensuring consistent branding and messaging across all channels
- Engaging and participating with audiences for maximum effect
- Creating and updating social media policies and guidelines for employees
- Harnessing the power of internal social media champions
- Identifying and activating appropriate new social media channels
- Sharing social media best practice internally, multi-regionally and/or internationally
- Identifying and adopting relevant social media monitoring platforms and social media management tools
- Coordinating the adoption of social media tools with other systems, including customer relationship management and marketing automation (often in conjunction with IT)
- Working with legal, HR and IT to integrate social media policies within existing company policies
- Leveraging social media in issues and crisis management
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
Senior most leaders with strategic responsibility for their organization’s social media programs