Increasingly, organizations are vesting the design, implementation and management of new business models such as shared services and outsourcing into a new role—that of global business services, shared services, outsourcing, or enterprise operations leader. The Global Business Services Council is one of the first communities focused on serving the specific needs of the senior-most leaders working across business functions on a global basis. Members have the opportunity to learn, benchmark, drive research and the insights specific to working at scale, leading across cultures and time zones, and dealing with the entire enterprise as stakeholders focused on multiple functions or processes (horizontal or vertical) across geographies and business lines.
The Council allows for confidential and candid knowledge sharing and discussion about the challenges attendant to changing and operating business models across the enterprise including:
• Scaling and selling business services
• Operating virtually and across cultures
• Dealing with rapidly shifting corporate priorities within a dynamic economic and regulatory environment
• Making the right build or buy decision collectively and for each function/geography in scope
• Achieving a step change in performance through operational and continuous improvement practices
• Making sustainable change
• Managing career paths
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources