The Financial Executives and Controllers Council is designed for senior executives and directors with responsibility for financial control of international industrial and commercial companies. This exclusive forum brings together representatives of some of the largest companies operating in Europe to share best practices, challenges, seek advice and learn from each other.
Members come from different industries and include Financial Executives and Group Controllers from ABB, Tetra Pak, SCOR, Fresenius Medical Care, Heraeus Holding, Firmenich, DP DHL, Bekaert, Cargill, Oerlikon, Johnson Controls, Monsanto, Merck and many more.
Members connect regularly, meet 3 times a year and work together with an open and frank style, allowing a full exchange of views.
2017 Topics Include:
- FP&A and the Role as a Business Partner
- How Finance Function Contribute to Organizational Performance
- Talent Management and Lean Management in Finance
- Challenges of Talent Acquisition and Talent Management Needs for Multinationals.
- Finance Jobs’ Dispersed Geographical Footprint vs. Millennial Workforce and Career Expectations
- Digital Transformation and Automation of Transactional and some Value Added Jobs.
- Enterprise Risk Management – Finance Function’s role
- Latest Trend of ERM and Best Practice in Implementation. Role of Finance Function in Operationalizing ERM. How Best to Implement ERM in the VUCA environment?
The Power of Peer Learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers in an international network are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogues at meetings and in between provide you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council Membership Benefits
Collective problem solving that puts your issues on the agenda
Global benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums, webcasts, webinars, and other resources
Who Should Join?
European-based financial executives and corporate controllers from multinational companies.
What Members Say:
“I especially value the opportunity to exchange views and experiences with colleagues who come from a diverse industry background, to realise that we Controllers are all confronted with similar challenges.”
Peter Thurneysen, Group Consolidation and Reporting
What Happens at a Meeting?
- Presentations by members or external experts on topics selected by members
- Discussions on leading edge or “day to day” issues picked by and moderated by members
- Panels where 2-3 members share experiences on a topic
- May 2017, Brussels, Belgium
- Topics: Talent Management and Lean Management in Finance Challenges of talent acquisition and talent management needs for multinationals. Finance jobs’ dispersed geographical footprint VS. Millennial workforce and career expectations VS. Digital transformation and automation of transactional and some value added jobs
- November 2017, Switzerland
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management – Finance Function’s role- Latest trend of ERM and best practice in implementation. Role of finance function in operationalizing ERM. How best to implement ERM in the VUCA environment?
Council Director, Financial Executives & Controllers Council