The Financial Executives and Controllers Council is designed for senior executives and directors with responsibility for financial control of international industrial and commercial companies. This exclusive forum brings together representatives of some of the largest companies operating in Europe and meets three times a year.
Discussions focus on trends, practices and challenges to affect financial control. Council members work together with an open and frank style, allowing a full exchange of views.
- Change Management in a Broad Sense
- How to use Data Available and Digitization
- Multi-year transformation initiatives for improved efficiency
- Effectiveness and/or profitability of some process or function, e.g. shared services
- Automated controls using ERP
- Business intelligence program – simplify Dashboard
- Acquisition integration
- Revenue recognition
- Streamlining accounting standards (USGAAP VS IFRS)
- Culture change
- Managing profitability over the business cycle
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers in an international network are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogues at meetings and in between provide you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
Collective problem solving that puts your issues on the agenda
Global benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums, webcasts, webinars, and other resources
Who should join?
European-based financial executives and corporate controllers from multinational companies.
What members say
“I especially value the opportunity to exchange views and experiences with colleagues who come from a diverse industry background, to realise that we Controllers are all confronted with similar challenges.”
Peter Thurneysen, Group Consolidation and Reporting, UBS AG
What Happens at a Meeting?
- Presentations by members or external experts on topics selected by members
- Discussions on leading edge or “day to day” issues picked by and moderated by members
- Panels where 2-3 members share experiences on a topic
- June 2016, Hosted by Borealis, Viena | Themes: Deeper into Benchmarking, Shared Services and Outsourcing
- October 2016, Hosted by The Conference Board, Brussels | Themes: The Future of Digital Transformation and Innovation, Finance Talent Management and Master Data