The Chief Financial Officers Council is an exclusive and invitation-only forum that brings together global CFOs from leading companies in EMEA, to discuss the issues affecting them.
In a confidential setting that allows for a candid exchange of views and experiences, this peer group discusses issues that are pertinent to the CFO function. The chief financial officer is more than a company’s top-ranking money person; he or she is responsible for a cross-section of functions that touch on every aspect of business, from staffing and succession planning to IT.
This forum is tailored to CFOs who:
- Want to share best practices with CFOs from different industries and geographies
- Want to benchmark their progress and learn from others who have gone through similar issues
- Are looking for new ideas for Business Transformation and Finance as a Business Partner
- Have recently joined a new organisation or moved into the CFO role
- Are interested in leadership tips and techniques for CFOs
- Want to learn more about moving into a CEO role
2017 Topics Examples:
- Positioning Finance Towards the Business
- Mastering Data and Analytics: How to Treat Data as Assets
- Political and Economic Consequences of the Elections in the US, France, Germany, the Brexit and monetary situation in Greece. Impact on Corporate Investment & Finance
- Transformation of the Finance Function. Large scale finance centralization
- Transformation Boundaries of Finance: Green field, how to become better, faster and simpler
- Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS)
- Country by Country Reporting (CbCR)
- Managing Compliance (Anti-Corruption etc) in High Growth Emerging Markets
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
Collective topic selection and problem solving that put your issues on the agenda
Informal, Real-time Benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine for your company
Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
What members say
"As CFOs, we have a far more complex role than we could have imagined 10 years ago and our meetings give us a chance to share solutions in this challenging new world."
Who Can Join?
Group CFOs and the highest ranking Financial Officers, from large companies in EMEA, where many serve on the company’s management board.
What Happens at a Meeting?
Meetings include member-led discussions, leading edge and “day to day” issues, panels with members, but also guest presentations by leaders in business, politics, and economics.
A cornerstone of the council is that members decide on the topics and propose subject for discussions at meetings and speakers.
Upcoming meetings: October 2017, January 2018, May 2018, October 2018
Council Director, Chief Financial Officers Council