Your role as Chief Legal Officer/General Counsel has become even more demanding in recent years, reflective of the dynamic business environment in which your organization is operating today. Your responsibilities have also grown in response to evolving risks and heightened regulation. Yet it is imperative to your business that you are proactive in identifying the new issues, risks and challenges that are just around the corner and that you think “outside the box” to successfully navigate them. Therefore, you need to find ways to stay informed, ideally learning from others who have encountered or are currently grappling with similar issues and challenges.
The Chief Legal Officers Council II will provide you with the opportunity to hear from peers in other organizations across a wide spectrum of businesses about the issues they are seeing, and to confidentially share your experience as well. Discussion topics will be determined by members, but will likely include:
- Managing the dual role of the CLO/GC as business partner and corporate guardian
- Techniques to handle evolving risks, disruption and other market changes
- Dos and don’ts of dealing with activists
- Best practices in outside counsel management and use of legal technology tools
- Role of CLO/GC in cybersecurity preparedness
- Developing trends and emerging issues in employment laws, regulations and litigation
Be in on the conversation
By bringing together a select group of Chief Legal Officers and General Counsel, The Conference Board Councils give you access to an elevated level of conversation you won’t find anywhere else. As a Council member you will gain insights beyond your industry, region, or point of view through confidential communities, meetings, and events.
Council membership benefits
- Trusted peer groups who provide insights and new approaches to the issues that are affecting your businesses, and meaningful relationships that extend beyond the Council setting
- Problem solving through our “Peer Assist Process”, tailored to meet your organization’s needs
- Multi-function learning alongside your peers from related or totally distinct industries and geographies
- Virtual online communities beyond in-person meetings where members share documents and contact peers
- Exposure to timely topics to leverage opportunities and expand your knowledge base
- Access to subject matter experts and access to The Conference Board’s insights and research on key business issues
- Ability to earn CLE credits while improving your business (Council meetings are eligible for CLE credits)
What happens at meetings?
- Presentations by members or external experts on topics selected by members
- Discussions on leading edge or “day to day” issues picked by and moderated by members
- Panels where 2-3 members share experiences on a topic
- Designated sessions for all members to raise their top-of-mind issues or topics for open discussion
Who should join?
Chief Legal Officers and General Counsel of organizations with revenues under $1B