If you lead your company’s intellectual property function, you are likely responsible for protecting, managing and monetizing your company’s most valuable intangible assets in a rapidly changing global environment. Not only have the legal and policy backdrops to intellectual property management continued to morph globally, but increased cybersecurity risks and IP talent recruitment challenges may significantly impact your ability to accomplish your goals. No longer is leading the corporate IP function purely a legal function, and you value the opportunity to get up to speed on emerging opportunities and challenges across multiple disciplines as quickly as possible.
The power of peer learning
The Chief Intellectual Property Officers Council provides a confidential environment where a select group of chief and senior IP leaders come together to openly discuss both legal and business issues related to IP protection and management. Enhanced by The Conference Board’s global and enterprise-wide reach, your relationships will span the world and extend value across your organization. The confidential dialogue of true peers combines broader perspectives, intimate knowledge and shared experience on topics selected by Council members. Unique to The Conference Board, you will also have access to research and perspectives regarding emerging risks and opportunities that likewise span the globe and enterprise.
The Council’s scope
Membership will ultimately drive the Council’s agenda. Our initial agenda includes the following areas:
- Best practices in the development and management of global organizations of intellectual property lawyers
- Best practices in the creation, management and monetization of global portfolios
- Legal and non-legal risks and opportunities in the changing global environment that impact IP value
- Recent developments in licensing, challenging, and defending IP rights
Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
Chief Intellectual Property Officers and Senior Intellectual Property leaders who have broad management responsibility in their organizations