The Asia Corporate Leadership Council is designed to advance the knowledge of Asia-based business leaders on forefront issues to ensure they are well informed and equipped to successfully confront emergent business challenges. Many of these issues – the impact of AI on business, cybersecurity in the age of techno-nationalism, corporate leadership responsibilities for environmental restoration, etc. – are arguably imponderable. This does not mean they can be ignored.
The Asia Corporate Leadership Council brings together the combined capabilities of The Conference Board, Inside Asia Advisors and The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) to offer the unique combination of expertise and resources needed to accomplish the ambitious remit of this Council.
The Asia Corporate Leadership Council program delivers foresights via immersive peer-meetings, vanguard research and thought leadership, and deep interaction with experts.
Three in-person meetings a year, 9am-2pm, including a working lunch. Discussions held under Chatham House Rules and expertly guided by the critical and objective facilitation of Council Program Directors. Sanitized insight summaries are prepared by Program Directors for member reference and internal use.
Meetings typically focus on one issue per session, identified and prioritized by members. General session format:
1. Issue Framing: A short presentation of key premises, observations and research insights from Council Program Directors. A read-out of member polling results on the issue. Group Q&A and discussion.
2. Expert Interview or Moderated Panel: Recognized topic experts are pressed to opine and answer the hard questions. Group Q&A and debate.
3. Member Roundtable: Facilitated peer sharing, reflection on key issues and insights. Collective formulation of calls to action.
Quarterly Dinner Salons
Quarterly dinner events meet the need for informal roundtable dinner conversations with fellow CEOs and Board members. Dinners comprise casual but structured discussions on topics tabled by members, and are enabled by expert facilitation and a Chatham House setting.
The Council program delivers Asia-specific insights central to the effective, forward-looking leadership of member companies delivered to members in a number of value-adding formats, including:
• Monthly Insight Digest – Monthly newsletter that highlights issues of central concern to the Council.
• Asia Leaders Podcast – Podcast addressing high priority, future-oriented topics for Asia CEOs and Board Directors, acknowledging Council input on topics, themes and narratives where appropriate. (www.insideasiapodcast.com)
• Conference Board Research Portfolio – Access to the unparalleled thought leadership and data resources of The Conference Board globally. Insight products are specifically designed to help companies develop their people, improve employee performance, and inform better planning and execution, from senior levels down to line staff. (www.conference-board.org)
• CCL Research Portfolio – Access to the largest leadership research database in the world, based on CCL’s 50 years conducting original scientific research in the field. (www.ccl.org). (https://www.ccl.org).
• Annual Research Working Group Projects – Members are invited to input and participate in select research projects of The Conference Board and CCL, including contributing to surveys, comparative analyses and case study development. Members may also engage in outreach and the dissemination of research findings via their respective networks.
Recession Proofing When, where, how long, how deep? Pondering the imponderables and planning ahead.
Environmental Risk What environmental sustainability responsibilities should companies bear?
Choosing Sides How can businesses navigate the risks of US-China bifurcation or decoupling?
Artificial Intelligence Impacts on the workplace; impacts on consumers. What do Ethical AI practices look like?
Board Dynamics What does next generation Board—C-Suite engagement look like?
Introducing your new shareholder: The General Public Navigating public purpose and profit objectives.
The Dark Web Are your company secrets safe?
Board and Corporate Transparency How to project trust and protect commercial secrets at the same time?
Digital Disinformation Where are companies exposed? How can risks be mitigated?
* Program Directors will work with members to continually define, refine and frame topics.