Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
General counsel of leading companies in Europe face a number of common challenges: increasingly severe yet inconsistent regulations about corporate governance, anxiety over risk management, rules on legal privilege and national discrepancies among those rules, increasing litigation risks, antitrust developments, and anticipation and management of antitrust problems.
Led by its members’ needs, the Council addresses these challenges as well as the general issues confronted by GCs in managing law departments: benchmarking, recruitment, and career development of lawyers from diverse backgrounds in different regions.
- Companies & Members - Legal Council
- A.P. Møller Holding
- AIG Europe Limited
- CRH plc
- Coca-Cola Hellenic
- Colgate-Palmolive Europe Sarl
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co KGaA
- Huhtamaki Group
- Hunter Douglas NV
- Ipsen S.A.
- Kellogg Europe Trading Limited
- MET Group
- McBride plc
- OC Oerlikon Management AG
- Procter & Gamble
- STADA Arzneimittel AG
- Sidel Group
- Wartsila Corporation
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective topic selection and problem solving that puts your issues on the agenda
- Informal, real-time benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
- Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
- Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums, webcasts, webinars, and other resources
- Tax: OECD and other Base Erosion initiatives?
- Recent developments in Merger Control
- State Aid
- Developing and IP strategy: legal and business; monetization of an IP portfolio
- EU Directive on packaging and packaging waste
- IP Litigation in China
- Competition Law: Lessons Learned
- Legal and Business consequences of a Digital Single Market
- Private Equity - Trade Wars - Incoterms 2020
- How to retain and manage talent in the legal departments