Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
About the Seminar
One of the first programs to address substance use disorder and mental health in the legal profession, this event is a must-attend for law firms, general, and in-house counsel. Join us as we examine how safeguarding attorneys, improving law firm culture, and ensuring the highest level of service are inextricably linked. Walk away with a better understanding of preventative measures and protocols for assisting those suffering from substance use disorder, anxiety, depression, and mental diagnosis.
The Benefits to You
By attending this seminar, you will
- Learn best practices for preventing root causes, and supporting lawyers with substance abuse and mental health challenges.
- Examine ways to create a safe work environment for people with an addiction and/or mental health diagnosis.
- Find out how to identify and aid attorneys who are at high-risk for suicide.
- Discover techniques for managing the business while helping lawyers be their best.
- Explore ways to protect your clients and ensure that excellent service is consistently provided.
- Strengthen your strategy to ensure the overall health of your firm and its future.
- Share ideas, collaborate, and network with your legal peers.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed especially for the following roles within the legal profession:
- Law firm leaders, including:
- Managing Partners
- Executive Committee Members
- Practice Group Leaders
- Chief Talent Officers/Heads of Talent Development
- General Counsel
- Senior In-House Counsel
- Insurance Underwriters
- Insurance Brokers
Here are some recent insights that have inspired this event:
- ABA 'Furiously Working' to Craft Proposal on Lawyers' Mental Health
- ALM Survey on Mental Health and Substance Abuse: Big Law’s Pervasive Problem
- The Professional Cost of Untreated Addiction and Mental Illness in Practicing Lawyers
Earn Recertification Credits
This seminar is pending approval for 6.75 CA MCLE Credits in Competency Issues
Earn up to 8 CPE credits
Requirements: Attendees must sign-in each day for full credit. Delivery Method: Group-Live; Program Level: Intermediate, Prerequisites: Bachelor’s degree or higher, Advanced Preparation: None
This program has been approved for 7 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, SPHR, PHRca, GPHR, PHRi, and SPHRi recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
This program has been pre-approved for 7 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Three Things to Do Now
1. Download the Agenda
To learn more about sessions and speakers we have planned, download the latest agenda.
2. Register Your Team to Save
Register now to join us on January 21, 2020 at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in San Francisco. Groups of three or more from the same company save $150 per person.Multiple discounts may not be combined.
3. Get Involved
If you would like to get involved in this seminar, please contact us.