A Collaboration of The Conference Board Peer Networking Groups
November 13-14, 2018, Singapore and Shanghai
Why This Collaboration?
The ‘Future of Work’ debate, until now, has been discussed by siloed functions, with many events talking about the implications but not clearly defining the strategic steps that organizations need to take.
The Conference Board and its peer networks will address this challenge. Bringing together senior executives from HR, Finance, Communications and Legal departments from over 100 corporations, this collaboration will run concurrently in Shanghai and Singapore and embrace digital technologies.
This unique event, reflecting the collaborative and connected ‘Future of Work,’ is designed to extract the collective wisdom of over 200 executives – enabling you to best position your organization to anticipate, respond to and take advantage of disruptive change, and delivering key insights which will define the ‘Future of Work.'
The Conference Board C-Suite Challenge™ 2018 report – our global consultation with CEOs and C-Suite Executives – has identified the following key issues, all of which we will explore at this event:
- Nearly 80% of CHROs predict an increasing use of ‘digital labor’
- The top two priorities for CEOs and CHROs in Asia are: attracting and retaining top talent; and the need to develop and deliver new business models in response to disruptive technologies
- Workforce diversity and the development of next generation leaders to drive innovation are among the top priorities for global CHROs
- CEOs, CFOs and CHROs see organizational culture and design as a key driver of future success
- Innovation and agility are increasingly important
What Are The Outcomes?
Our agenda is designed to focus on the strategic and people challenges with three key themes: Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence & Analytics, and Future Leadership. The program structure consists of thought leadership presentations, senior executive panel discussions, facilitated concurrent breakout sessions, and networking gatherings. We will hear from thought-leaders, innovators and disruptors as they:
- Share their stories of how they are changing their organizations to better compete in a digital future
- Explore how to create agile, data-driven functions that serve the business
- Describe the latest technological and operational advancements
- Help you develop strategies and plans for 2020 and beyond
What Will Follow?
The Conference Board will publish research insights originating from the knowledge sharing and senior executive discussions at this event, exclusively for participants, defining the ‘Future of Work’ from the perspectives of business leaders and identifying actionable insights for department heads.
Who Will Attend?
This event is designed specifically for members of The Conference Board Council program. Attendance is strictly by invitation only, As with our Council meetings networking will remain a key priority. And with the variety of members you will meet from Councils covering the HR, Communications, Finance, and Legal functions you will be able to build on strategies, actions, and support networks for collaboration after returning to your organization.
Key Agenda Themes
Digital Transformation Digital transformation leverages digital technologies and the data they produce to connect organizations, people, physical assets, and processes, often in ways that were never possible before. These connections often lead to changes in business strategy to capitalize on emerging customer needs. Digital transformation offers competitive advantage, including the ability to quickly pivot in response to new opportunities, build long-term relationships with customers, and launch new business models. The need to develop a digital strategy is the basis of the ‘Future of Work.’
Artificial Intelligence & Analytics The advent of analytics was driven by the need to know your customer and will still remain the primary focus of most organizations. However, the importance of understanding the value of the forgotten stakeholder – the employee is coming to the fore. Artificial Intelligence is an important element of this as it is often identified as the harbinger of doom for jobs as we know it. However, one will have to consider how these technologies can augment the workforce, free people from the mundane allowing the increase in creativity and innovation. The traditional talent strategies of “Buy, Build or Borrow” will have to be redefined as “Buy, Build, Borrow or Bot” and the measurement of the implications of these strategies in the form of analytics will be key drivers of evolution and success.
Future Leadership The impact of technology is not the only driver of change in the workplace. The concept of the contingent workforce is being embraced by both employees and employers. As much as technology is driven by connectivity, the future leader will have to embrace connectedness and develop their personal networks and brand in order to deliver on projects on a contingent basis. How organizations embrace the ‘Future of Work’ will be defined by its future leadership.
|Human Resources Management||Specialist Councils|
|Day 1: Tuesday, November 13, 2018|
|8:30 a.m.||Arrival Refreshments|
|9:00 a.m.||Opening Remarks: Why This Environment Matters|
Key Session 1: Digital Transformation
Panel Discussion: Digital Transformation
|10:30 a.m.||Refreshment Break|
Breakout Track 1: Digital Transformation
Key Session 2: Artificial Intelligence & Analytics
Panel Discussion: Artificial Intelligence & Analytics
Breakout Track 2: Artificial Intelligence & Analytics
Day 1 Concludes
Networking Cocktail Reception
|Day 2: Wednesday, November 14, 2018|
|8:30 a.m.||Arrival Refreshments|
|8:50 a.m.||Opening Remarks|
Key Session 3: Future Leadership
Panel Discussion: Future Leadership
|10:15 a.m.||Refreshment Break|
Breakout Track 3: Future Leadership
|11:35 a.m.||Cross-Group Sharing|
Summary and Learning Wrap-Up
|1:00 p.m.||Event Concludes|
Guest Speakers, Co-Attendees and Sponsorship Guidelines
- For this Collaboration event Council members will be encouraged to nominate their C-Suite executives as guest speakers.
- Council members are requested to nominate one executive colleague from a different function within their organization to co-attend the meeting
- Speaking preferences will be assigned to Council members and practitioners leading these initiatives in their organizations
- Selected partner organizations who sponsor the event, and thought-leading academicians working in concert with Council members, will be invited to present at this meeting.
- Members of participating Conference Board Councils: Complimentary
- Attendance at this event is complimentary for participating Council members and nominated co-attendee colleagues.
- Standard registration fee: US$2,900
Dates: November 13-14, 2018
Singapore venue: Padang & Co, LEVEL 3, Mapletree Business City
Shanghai venue: WeWork Xintiandi, 17/F China Overseas International Center
Event program is subject to change.
For more information, please contact your Council Program Director or Council Manager.