8:15 - 9:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 am – 4:00 pm Seminar
(Includes morning and afternoon breaks and a networking lunch)
Take the guess work out of readiness: a better approach to assessing and accelerating readiness for executive succession
Often companies spend a great amount of time and money on their executive succession planning process. But when it comes time to actually fill an executive role, they discover the person they have slated for it isn’t ready. They often haven’t had the right experiences or learned the right skills to be prepared for what’s to come. Simply put, having names in boxes on a succession chart provides a false sense of security. So how do you know if your executives are ready for the next big step, and if not, how do you accelerate their readiness?
This workshop will cover approaches to thinking about executive level succession, identifying candidates, evaluating their readiness, and approaches to closing gaps. Additionally, it will cover the role a “day in the life of” simulation can play in succession planning. During this pre-conference workshop you’ll learn about:
- The danger of having “phantom names” in your succession chart.
- The importance of success profiles, assessment and ongoing talent reviews.
- How to create a road map to ensure your top talent have the right experiences to be ready for their next role.
- Best-in-class approaches for getting your “ready later” talent on the right trajectory to be prepared for their next executive role.
- The power of a research based and proven “day in the life of” role play readiness simulation that compares how top talent performed versus the success profile needed for their next role.
Stuart Crandell, Senior Vice President, Board & CEO Services, Korn Ferry
Earn Recertification Credits
Earn up to 6.5 CPE credits
Requirements: Attendees must sign-in each day for full credit. Delivery Method: Group-Live; Program Level: Intermediate, Prerequisites: Bachelor’s degree or higher, Advanced Preparation: None
This program has been pre-approved for 5.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 5.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, SPHR, PHRca, GPHR, PHRi, and SPHRi recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.