The 2016 Corporate Development Conference
Orchestrating Corporate Deal Strategy and Accelerating Growth in the New Normal
06 - 07 October, 2016
Westin New York at Times Square
New York, NY
While the pace of deal making slowed earlier this year, and there is great uncertainty with the upcoming Presidential election, Brexit, and other disruptive focuses prevailing globally, there continues to be a whirlwind of deal activity and many are preparing for what will be an inevitable uptick in deal activity once we have a new Oval Office resident.
Organizations now have a unique opportunity to capitalize on deal possibilities and find the right paths for growth in order to transform, adapt, scale and evolve to stay a step ahead of their competitors. Be prepared to capture every opportunity of today’s transaction landscape and attend the 2016 Corporate Development Conference. You will learn skills to adapt to today’s business environment, prepare for and anticipate growth opportunities, and source new deals, which are all imperative to ensuring your organization’s competitive advantage.
Participants will journey through the deal continuum, from strategy to execution to capturing value post deal, and hear leading practitioners share insights, speak candidly about lessons learned, and offer fresh approaches to common challenges. Regardless of where you may be in the deal continuum, this event is meant for all deal makers to provide a detailed look at the deal environment as a whole, as well as dive deep into the specific transactions that will enable enterprise-wide growth and value realization.
New for 2016 – we are expanding the conference format to include a mix of panel sessions, structured practitioner led presentations to dive deeper into the strategy of corporate development, and unique break-out sessions to explore leading case studies on the successes and failures of various deal structures.
- Risks and opportunities resulting from the current global economic landscape and how these have changed the role of the Corporate Development Officer
- Explore the current and future implications of Brexit to understand what you need to know now to adjust your strategies accordingly
- Ensure you are “deal ready” by fulling understanding the current transaction landscape with a particular focus on the Presidential election and all the ramifications a new Oval Office resident will have on your future deal strategies
- Ways to effectively shape and execute deal strategy to accelerate corporate strategy and maximize value for the enterprise
- How to uncover the human side of deal making—this can be the most unpredictable and complicated aspect of the deal
- The science of the deal, such as emerging trends and capabilities within data and analytics that are changing the deal environment
- Value creating strategies and latest trends in M&A, post-merger integration, divestitures, joint ventures, and alliances to drive the enterprise’s competitive advantage
- Challenges and opportunities of cross-border and emerging markets transactions including a look at the new tax rules and their impact on deal strategies
You may also be interested in our Digital Due Diligence for M&A Seminar on October 5, 2016. If you would like to register for both events, please contact Customer Service at +1 212 339 0345.
Earn up to 12 CPE credits
This program has been approved for 9.5 PDCs.
The Conference Board is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
If you’re interested in a speaking role, please contact Casey Greenzweig at firstname.lastname@example.org.