Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
17 Dec. 2015 | Comments (0)
- There is no danger of inflation on the horizon
- The economic outlook for the US and global economies is already shaky, and raising rates will weaken them further, possibly leading to recession.
- Even if inflation goes a little above 2 percent it is no big deal, and certainly not worth risking further expansion of the economy.
- The labor market is tightening, and wage acceleration is coming.
- The impact of falling oil prices and a strengthening dollar on inflation is temporary.
- Rumors that the Philips Curve (decreased unemployment = increased inflation) is dead have been greatly exaggerated.
- Low inflation in the recent past is no guarantee of low inflation in the future