Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
02 Nov. 2009 | Comments (0)
- Executive sessions for independent directors at every board meeting.
- At those executive sessions, address issues such as tone at the top, use of self-evaluations for the board, whether or not independent directors are adequately involved in agenda setting, and the company’s risk management strategy.
- Continuing education programs for directors.
- Limits for directors on the number of outside boards they sit on.
- Annual director election.
- Independent board chair and/or independent lead director.