Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
19 Jun. 2018 | Comments (0)
Earlier this year, The Conference Board and Mission Measurement announced a new partnership to benchmark social outcomes data. Using Mission Measurement’s Impact Genome Project® (IGP), the two organizations will collect and analyze data on the social outcomes of corporations’ charitable contributions. Companies are now invited to participate in the IGP and to share their impact measurement data.
Interested parties can contact Alex Parkinson at The Conference Board (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on how to get started. In addition, two recent webcasts discussing the rationale for the project and a demonstration of the data collection tool are available to download for free. Please click here to do so.
The collaboration will lead to the industry’s most comprehensive database of this kind and help companies to compare and improve social outcomes, delivering insights including:
- The outcomes that are most commonly funded by companies
- Total overall impact generated by corporations
- Which industries or company sizes produce which outcomes most efficiently
- The average cost-per-outcome for companies, and how it compares to the mean
- Which industries or company sizes are moving the needle the most on which outcomes
- How companies are impacting the Sustainable Development Goals
We hope you’ll join us to help create a standardized framework for self-reporting social outcomes and the ability to better understand company performance in a comprehensive and consistent way.