Daseul (Dase) Kim
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
Daseul (Dase) Kim is an associate based in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton.
Mr. Kim’s practice focuses on corporate and financial transactions, with significant experience in initial public offerings and other public and private capital markets offerings of debt, equity and structured securities, representing issuers, underwriters and sponsors.
His recent experience includes acting as counsel to:
- American Tower Corporation in numerous offerings, including a $1.25 billion SEC-registered senior unsecured notes offering and a $750 million SEC-registered senior notes offering.
- Barclays, J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley as underwriters several debt offerings by Chevron Corp. totaling over $13 billion.
- Goldman, Sachs, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc. as underwriters in a $650 million SEC-registered common stock offering by New York Community Bancorp.
- Genting Hong Kong Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary Star NCLC Holdings Ltd., in numerous capital markets transactions, including a $1.185 billion SEC-registered secondary block trade of ordinary shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
- China Investment Corporation in a registered secondary block trade and a concurrent repurchase of common stock of The AES Corporation held by CIC’s subsidiary, TIC.
- Armor TPG Holdings, L.P., an affiliate of TPG Capital, L.P. (TPG), in numerous offerings, including a $211.5 million SEC-registered secondary block trade of shares of Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
- ArcelorMittal in the sale of shares (an approximately 6.7% stake) in the Turkish steelmaker Erdemir in a single accelerated bookbuilt offering.
- Brightstar Corp. in a $250 million Reg S/Rule 144A high yield senior unsecured notes offering.
- The underwriters and dealer managers in numerous capital markets transactions by NYSE Euronext, including its $850 million SEC-registered senior notes offering.
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and J.P. Morgan as underwriters in the $517 million SEC-registered IPO of LPL Investment Holdings Inc.
- Kraton Performance Polymers in its $138.9 million SEC-registered IPO.
Mr. Kim joined the firm in 2008. He received a J.D. degree, cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law in 2008, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business. He received an undergraduate degree from Korea University in 2001.
Mr. Kim is a member of the Bar in New York.