European CIO Association
Peter Hagedoorn, M.Sc., received his Master of Science degree in physics from the Technical University Delft, the Netherlands. Upon graduation he completed an internship with the European Commission in Brussels.
He worked for Shell International Petroleum Company in The Hague as process technologist and for the Ministry of Economic Affairs in The Hague as civil servant in the departments for Nuclear Energy and later for International Technology Cooperation.
In the IT industry he worked for Bull Netherlands, was thereafter a Director of RAET (dutch software company) and became later an independent organisational consultant / interim manager.
In 1997 he was appointed as Director of the Dutch Millennium Platform: the national campaign about the millennium problems.
In 2000 he became Chief Information Officer and Vice-President of Hagemeyer (a dutch multinational trading company), and thereafter Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice-President for Océ NV
Peter Hagedoorn started in 2004 with some other dutch CIOs the dutch CIO Platform: the society for CIOs and was 5 years President. He was also member of the Advisory Board of EuroCIO in that period. In 2005 Peter Hagedoorn was awarded with the “CIO-of-the-year Award 2005” for all his CIO activities.
Since 2008 he retired form Océ NV and kept several Board or advisory positions for public and private bodies:
- Managing Director of the management consultancy 3Align
- President of the Advisory Board of the CIO Platform Netherlands
- e-skills Program Director for EuroCIO.
- President of the CIO Academy Netherlands
- Co-chair of the Executive Committee of the European e-skills Association
- Chairman of the e-skills TaskForce Netherlands (ended summer 2011)
- Member of the Dutch National e-skills Program Committee “Digivaardig & Digibewust”
Per November 2011 he is appointed by the Board of the European CIO Association, successor of EuroCIO, as the first Secretary-general of that organisation.