ETUI (European Trade Union Institute)
Born in Budapest, Hungary, Bela graduated in electronical engineering (1982) at the Technical University of Budapest Hungary, then in sociology and philosophy (1986) at the University of Sciences Budapest, postgraduate studies in political sciences at the University of Amsterdam (1990), PhD in Economics 1994 (Hungarian Academy of Sciences).
Between 1987-2002 he was a researcher at several Hungarian research institutes, economic advisor at various Hungarian Ministries (1996-97, 1999-2000), senior research officer at the European Trade Union Institute, Brussels since April 2003.
His field of researches include:
- social impact of the economic transformation in Eastern Europe
- labour market research, industrial relations, collective bargaining
- capital and labour mobility in the enlarged Europe in the global environment
- restructuring, managing change and location competition
- green transition and its impact on industrial jobs in Europe