Develops and conducts research as part of the Human Capital research program with a focus on Human Capital issues in Asia Pacific. The position requires strong grounding in research techniques and practice, and experience in analysis of business management, HR, or workforce issues specifically as they relate to the Asia Pacific region. This position also requires a track record of published, peer-reviewed and trade publications in the area of Human Capital with an Asia Pacific-region focus. The position requires demonstrated writing skills and fluency in English. Competency in at least one other language is desirable, but not required. Ability to present research findings to business and public audiences is required. Works independently and in close cooperation with other research staff. Works with Program Directors of convening channels (e.g., conferences) to determine subject matter and research content of conferences, information, and publication programs so that The Conference Board continues to be a reliable source of timely and relevant information in Human Capital.
Reports to Managing Director of Human Capital; dotted line to Executive Director, Asia Pacific
Principal Direct Activities
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for research stream in specified field/topic area, both authoring own research as well as supporting research of others, serving as TCB spokesperson, when requested, on specified field/topic area and related offerings.
- Produces 2-3 comprehensive research reports and 3-6 Executive Action Reports, 3-4 webcasts (as requested) as well as derivative products (charts, summaries, etc.) each fiscal year. Provides innovation, thought leadership, and entrepreneurship for research agenda and offerings in specified field/topic area and Human Capital area overall.
- Successfully executes and/or manages multiple research projects with tight deadlines to completion.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director, Asia Pacific to support regional goals and seeks input and feedback re: proposed research, report content relevance and quality as well as views of the various stakeholders.
- Supports overall Human Capital program. Works collaboratively with global colleagues at The Conference Board, business executives, and academic researchers across the full scope of research responsibilities from designing data collection instruments in collaborative workgroup to shaping and growing the global breadth and scope of research in specified field/topic area and Human Capital area overall. Shows leadership through providing guidance and assistance to TCB colleagues in the resolution of research problems, and interacting collaboratively with business executives and academic researchers.
- Keeps current in subject matter specialty, research methodologies and available information dissemination techniques, so as to be recognized as a research expert in the specified field/topic area.
- Under the direction of Managing Director:
- Seeks and obtains underwriting support for The Conference Board research projects as appropriate; and
- Provides information and high-level briefings to members, policy makers, the press, and general public in specified fields/topic areas as a result of direct contact or requests from TCB Program or Research Directors, as appropriate.
PhD in HR, business, psychology, economics, or related field with 7-10 years directly related work experience (e.g., HR practitioner, business researcher, etc.). Expertise in human capital (e.g., general HR programs, leadership development, talent management, diversity & inclusion, employee engagement, workforce demographics, and/or organization effectiveness). In addition, the person should be familiar with the corporate environment and have well developed communication and networking skills. Experience working in leading Asian companies as well as multi-nationals in highly desired.