Develops and conducts research as part of The Conference Board’s Corporate Leadership program, focusing on issues of corporate corporate social responsibility and sustainability. Presents research findings to business audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board. Provides information services to The Conference Board’s staff and assists the Research Director in responding to external inquiries from associates of The Conference Board and the media.
Reports to the Research Director of Corporate Leadership. May take
assignments from other senior research professionals.
Principal Direct Activities
- Develops and conducts research as part of The Conference Board’s Corporate Leadership program, focusing on issues of corporate social responsibility and sustainability. In
particular, under the direction and oversight of the Research Director of Corporate Leadership, design and execute research projects on sustainability disclosure and on corporate philanthropy.
- Conducts literature searches, data-gathering activities (e.g. interviews, focus groups and survey instruments), and data analysis, using appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques. Draws objective findings and conclusions within the limits of the research design.
- Presents research findings to business audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board.
- Collaborates with the editorial and production department in the timely production of research manuscripts, and gains necessary clearances.
- Collaborates with the communications department in designing and executing communication plans for research projects in development.
- Provides information service to media, associates of The Conference Board, and Information Specialists, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Researcher is responsible for maintaining and continually advancing his/her own professional expertise in the research disciplines and related activities outlined above, to ensure The Conference Board’s strong reputation for quality product. The Researcher is further responsible for coordinating activities to see that all deadlines are met and that reported research (quantitative and/or qualitative) is both current and accurate. Professionalism should be demonstrated and maintained in all contacts with associates and clients of The Conference Board, government agencies, and personnel in other divisions and departments of The Conference Board.
The Researcher operates under the direction of the Research Director of Corporate Leadership.
Prospective candidates should demonstrate strong academic background and research expertise in the field of corporate social responsibility and sustainability. This position requires strong analytical, writing, and editorial skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with the business, academic, and professional communities operating in the field. Presentation skills and public speaking experience is also desirable. A graduate degree in law, finance, or business administration is preferred. In addition to their resume and references, applicants should submit a salary request and a list of publications authored in the field.