The Meetings & Events Associate position is responsible for sourcing client networking dinner venues, securing group transportation arrangements, creating reports on vendor usage and satisfaction level by major city/host location and supporting the logistics manager in adhering to the logistical standards by which all meetings operate.
Reports to Associate Director, Executive Programs and supports the council team by handling matters relating to logistics.
Principal Direct Activities
Assist with providing logistical services for approximately 325+ meetings annually, including:
- Source dinner/networking venues and group transportation based on client needs and preferred vendor status.
- Collaborate with logistics manager to negotiate pricing with vendors in order to achieve the most favorable terms for The Conference Board.
- Ensure venue selection meets a consistent level of quality standards and experience for all meeting taking into consideration the unique needs of various councils, such as C-suite councils.
- Adhere to standards for per person meeting costs.
- Contribute data to preferred vendor database of restaurants and transportation companies in major cities frequented/host location sites.
- Maximize the use of the preferred vendors.
- Serve as on-site support for in-house meetings, when needed.
- Assist in the creation of logistics document detailing event information.
- Assist with monitoring hotel room blocks and guarantees
- Process meeting-related invoices from consultants
- Perform other related duties as required.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
- College degree with 1-2 years of work experience
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and team player mentality
- Able to work and think independently
- Customer focused with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Apply for Meetings & Events Associate using the link below:
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.