The Account Executive, Councils is a consultative sales position for invitation only peer-to-peer executive networks (councils) and other products and services of The Conference Board. Responsibilities include recruiting executives for 100+ Councils in a wide range of corporate functions and other Executive Leadership Programs, increasing corporate member engagement and generating new business ranging from $500,000 to $800,000 annually. The Account Executive, Councils reports to the Executive Director, Council Development and is a part of a fully integrated Membership Team. The membership team includes regional Customer Relationship Managers (Director, Member Engagement or DME), council program directors (subject matter experts), administrative staff and others.
Principal Direct Activities
- Annually generate $500,000 -$800,000 in new Council revenue through the sales of councils and other executive leadership programs, which has a direct and recurring impact on total Conference Board revenue.
- Manage all council membership activities (joins, replacements, quits, saves, transitions, etc.) that results in almost $2 million in revenue/territory annually.
- Secure qualified replacements for council members who leave memberships mid-term and articulate the value proposition to facilitate renewals.
- Develop, manage and refine full cycle Council sales process in a unique operating environment of member-driven Councils that require application and approval procedures, as well as collaboration with Program Directors and current council members.
- Understand and have a working knowledge to extemporaneously discuss the focus, initiative, agendas, themes and membership of approximately 100 different councils.
- Assist in the creation of new councils by providing insights to members’ evolving
- Effectively communicate the value of TCB's councils and other programs and services to approximately 600 senior executives through both oral and written means.
- Partner with assigned Director, Member Engagement to manage internal engagement and overall company satisfaction to ensure corporate renewal and new opportunities each year.
- Work independently and in partnership with DME as appropriate to grow council member participation within assigned geographic territory. Demonstrate effectiveness by consistently hitting (and exceeding) sales targets.
- Work one-on-one with liaison executives as a trusted advisor to create and implement a strategy for the growth of council membership
- Keeps DME informed of conversations with members, providing new insights to industry issues, company priorities, strategies, and issues so that the DAS can better focus their discussions with members.
- Focus on at-risk corporate members by working with the DAS to develop save strategies that include efforts to recruit new members for specific councils.
- Have the discretion to make deals, know when to use that discretion, and make concessions on council renewals/new memberships to help secure the corporate renewal.
- Negotiate sales prices for new members as well as when saving current council members.
- Coach, train, develop and give guidance to Council Development, Associates to support territory growth and ensure succession planning of Council Development team.
- Recruit, articulate the value proposition, and close candidates for The Engagement Institute and other executive leadership programs as assigned.
- Support the Executive Director, Council Development in any way necessary to achieve the goals of the department.
- Work on specific membership projects as needed.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
A successful candidate for the role possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ work experience, with a minimum of 2 years in sales
- Knowledge of corporate structures and the various executive roles which exist
- Ability to communicate and sell to senior executives and decision makers
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Prioritizes changing demands, multi-tasks, and creatively meets tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization and to collaborate across departments to achieve goals
- Strong knowledge of sales strategies, use cases and implementations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate and sell to C-Suite executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with database systems and social media tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Apply for Account Executive, Councils using the link below:
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.