The Conference Board, a 100-year-old economic and business intelligence think tank/research organization, is looking for a Sponsorship Development Executive to join its growing team. Primary responsibilities include developing new prospects, customizing & selling sponsorships, and managing relationships for US-based events.
The ideal candidate is creative, articulate, motivated, and enjoys forming and managing long-term relationships.
Reports to Director of Sponsorship.
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for directly contributing to the annual growth of sponsorship revenue.
- Generate business and increase revenue primarily from new conference sponsors.
- Accurately forecast and report activities and results.
- Develop new business by analyzing account potential; initiating and developing relationships, coordinating internal and external groups and closing sales.
- With Program Directors, Executive Directors of Engagement and Director of Sponsorship, ascertain sponsorship needs, as well as continually assists in developing a strategy for seeking sponsorship.
- Gather and track intelligence on competitive offerings to maintain competitive advantage.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth through prospecting and research.
- Develop and assist in the creation of commercially viable sponsorship offerings.
- Assist Program Directors and others throughout The Conference Board in sponsor sales, including involvement in sales calls and contract negotiations as necessary.
- Coordinate with various internal teams such as meeting planning, operations, marketing, etc. to assist in the execution of sponsorship benefits and identify selling opportunities.
- Attend Conference Board events to engage sponsors, and solicit new clients. (Some travel may be required.)
- Maintain reports on personal sales, sponsor commitments, activities and contacts.
- Perform additional duties as delegated by Director of Sponsorship.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of business-to-business consultative sales experience.
- Understanding of complex business issues and negotiations.
- Ability to persuasively articulate value propositions to senior executives – especially those within Business Development and Marketing functions.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- CRM Experience.
- Extremely strong sense of customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conference and/or industry experience is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills – especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven within a team structure.
Apply for Sponsorship Development Executive using the link below:
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.