A consultative B2B sales professional, with experience in research and/or professional services, the Senior Director of Member Engagement (DME) - Key Accounts is the primary relationship manager for 25+ of The Conference Board’s most strategic Fortune 1000 member companies (a $5M portfolio). Success in the position requires the ability to uncover a member’s business issues and opportunities, the stature and presence to engage meaningfully with C-Suite executives, the ability to synthesize and articulate the value of The Conference Board’s mission and portfolio of offerings; and the ability to match these offerings to the members’ most pressing business issues as a “trusted advisor. In addition, this individual will be responsible for developing a west coast strategy, in partnership with Marketing and the Knowledge Organization, to build TCB’s brand and awareness on the West Coast.
This is a senior individual contributor role that reports to the SVP U.S. Development, with close collaboration across several TCB departments globally.
- Develops and implements plans to achieve revenue and membership renewal targets, which include maintaining and growing a $5M service portfolio for 25+ members, and selling upgrades to use the entire portfolio of TCB products and services, as well as expanding the relationship globally.
- Partners with product specialists to sell the entire portfolio of TCB specialized services to member companies including Councils, Centers, Institutes Sponsorships, etc., based on account plans developed with knowledge of individual member needs.
- Develops Member specific engagement plans to increase utilization of TCB’s services and broaden TCB’s executive-level relationships. Implements programs to increase awareness of TCB services, including economic and business research and peer-to-peer programs, in order to achieve increased engagement by all levels of managers and across multiple functions throughout the members’ organization.
- Effectively communicates TCB’s value proposition to senior executives. Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about TCB’s programs and services. Identifies key business issues that member companies are facing. Helps senior executives leverage TCB products and services to specific business needs within their company.
- Ensures that C-Suite executives (including CEO, CHRO, GC, CFO, Chief Learning and Chief Strategy) of member companies are aware of opportunities to benefit from participation in TCB programs.
- Cultivates the Liaison Executive (LE) and other key executives to be effective ambassadors to expand the member company’s involvement with TCB. Ensures engagement across multiple targeted functions within the organization.
- Provides feedback and input from members on the relevance, quality, value and timeliness of TCB products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven ability to consultatively engage with senior level (including the C-Suite) enterprise executives to discuss global business issues
- Experience working with executives in Human Capital, Economics, Legal, Leadership and Development, Strategy, Finance, and/or Corporate Communications is a significant plus
- Strong sales track record, and consultative sales experience, in selling business professional services, research and/or consulting services to large enterprises
- Minimum 8-10 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and implement effective strategic account plans
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree desired.
Apply for Senior Director, Member Engagement, West Coast Region using the link below:
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.