This position will act as Foundations Relations Manager to advance the work of CED by researching, cultivating, and soliciting corporate and private foundations in support of CED’s program initiatives. This person will serve as the key contact for CED’s current and prospective foundation relationships, and will work directly with the Executive Vice President in drafting foundation grants and executing CED’s efforts to increase foundation support for our program agenda.
- In collaboration with the Executive Vice President, create an annual plan to secure corporate and private foundation grants, including renewals, upgrades, and new sources, that supports institutional priorities.
- Develop and manage a calendar of deadlines for proposals, reports, and other communications with current and prospective foundation funders.
- Prepare grant proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, and other correspondence as required by corporate and private foundations.
- Work with development and finance teams on program budgets and financial reports.
- Serve as the fundraising manager, proactively leading innovative fundraising efforts.
- Engage and support leadership, expert staff, colleagues, and other constituents on fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Effectively position and support the Executive Vice President to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts.
- Proactively manage a personal portfolio of prospects for the foundation pipeline.
- Oversee systems to ensure efficient stewardship and reporting.
- Communicate regularly with foundation funders and prospects about events, outreach activities and other initiatives. Work closely with CED’s communications department ensure that the website highlights funded initiatives and conduct social media efforts designed to connect more closely with the foundation community.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five to seven years of Foundation Relations experience with proven success in fundraising
- Experience securing and managing corporate and private foundation grants
- Ability to articulate organization’s programs to the funding community
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments to get information on program activities, accomplishments, and plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience translating complex policy issues to program goals and objectives
- Knowledge of corporate and private foundation community
CED provides a generous compensation / benefits package and a meaningful and fulfilling mission. For more information on CED programs and policies, please visit www.ced.org.
Apply for Manager- Foundations Relations using the link below:
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.