This position will act as a Development Associate to assist the Vice President of External Relations in implementing CED’s overall strategic fundraising and organizational advancement initiatives. The Development Associate is responsible for assisting with donor prospecting, fundraising initiatives and events, and donor management and acknowledgments. This includes maintaining an efficient, professional office that directly supports all fundraising initiatives, including donor and public relations, grants and special events.
Principal Direct Activities
- Prepare solicitations including letters, pledges, and invoices for mail distribution as part of the corporate, foundation and personal fundraising campaigns.
- Research potential donors pertaining to the general fundraising campaign, Awards Dinners and Policy Conferences. Research foundations for CED project support.
- Assist in all fundraising aspects of the Awards Dinners and Policy Conferences including: research potential awardees, prepare and disseminate the invitations and solicitations for sponsorship, track RSVPS, manage the contact database, and provide support at the event.
- Support the membership campaign and efforts to recruit CEOs as Members and assist in outreach, setting meetings, follow-up, and other steps necessary to secure revenue for membership.
- Maintain all department files relating to daily revenue, donor acknowledgement, and campaign information.
- Participate in short and long-term strategic planning for the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective individual donors.
- Develop and implement fundraising and outreach events and innovative initiatives.
- Assist in organizing, planning and convening fundraising special events.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and actively support all fundraising events.
- Assist with the processing of donations ad preparation of acknowledgement letters and other correspondence as needed.
- Maintain donor software program containing foundation, corporation and individual donor information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of External Relations and/or the Executive Vice President and CEO.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects within specified time-frames and multi-task various assignments
- A willingness to work outside of the typical business hours during peak event periods
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, and Fundraising Databases
- Prior experience in non-profits is preferred
Apply for Development Associate, CED using the link below:
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.