The Information Specialist provides professional research and information services to member companies and The Conference Board staff, and on a limited basis, to prospective member companies and the public. This is a temporary position, on a month-by-month basis, with the possibility of becoming a full-time position.
Reports to the Associate Director, Knowledge Organization
Principal Direct Activities
- Conduct business research for members using electronic information resources supplemented, if needed, by consultation with internal experts.
- Synthesize and summarize research for members and provide in an organized, branded format to meet deadlines.
- Document contacts and research provided to members in the Customer Relationship Management database. Notify staff of information as needed.
- Conduct business research using electronic information resources to support The Conference Board staff on projects.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS, MSLS) or Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an accredited program
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Proficiency in conducting research on complex business issues using diverse sources including electronic resources such Ebscohost, ProQuest, and the internet
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Broad knowledge of business and economic terminology and resources
- A customer-focused orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels internally and externally
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.