Develops and conducts research as part of The Conference Board’s Sustainability Centre, focusing on issues of corporate social responsibility and sustainability in Europe. Presents research findings to business audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board. Provides information services to The Conference Board’s staff and assists the Managing Director in responding to external inquiries from associates of The Conference Board and the media.
Reports to the Managing Director of Corporate Leadership. May take assignments from the Principal Researcher, Corporate Leadership or other senior research professionals.
The Conference Board is known around the globe for its unbiased and independent research for corporate executives. The Researcher is responsible for maintaining and continually advancing his/her own professional expertise in the research disciplines and related activities outlined above, to ensure The Conference Board’s strong reputation for quality product. The Researcher is further responsible for coordinating activities to see that all deadlines are met and that reported research (quantitative and/or qualitative) is both current and accurate. Professionalism should be demonstrated and maintained in all contacts with associates and clients of The Conference Board, government agencies, and personnel in other divisions and departments of The Conference Board.
Principal Direct Activities
Develops and conducts research as part of The Conference Board’s Sustainability Centre, focusing on issues of corporate social responsibility and sustainability as designated by the Executive members of the Centre. In particular, under the direction and oversight of the Managing Director of Corporate Leadership, design and execute research projects on sustainability disclosure and on corporate philanthropy.
- Works with member officers, particularly those at Executive member companies of the Sustainability Centre, to select relevant topics for research.
- Conducts literature searches, data-gathering activities (e.g. interviews, focus groups and survey instruments), and data analysis, using appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques.
- Draws objective findings and conclusions within the limits of the research design.
Presents research findings to business audiences, especially at Councils and business briefings held by The Conference Board across Europe, and acts as expert resource to members of The Conference Board.
- Collaborates with the editorial and production department in the timely production of research manuscripts, and gains necessary clearances.
- Collaborates with the communications department in designing and executing communication plans for research projects in development.
- Provides information service to media, associates of The Conference Board, and Information Specialists, as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
The Researcher operates under the direction of the Managing Director of Corporate Leadership.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
Prospective candidates should demonstrate strong academic background and research expertise in the field of corporate social responsibility and sustainability. This position requires strong analytical, writing, and editorial skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with the business, academic, and professional communities operating in the field. Presentation skills and public speaking experience is also desirable.
A graduate degree in law, finance, or business administration is preferred. In addition to a cover letter and CV, to be considered applicants should submit a salary request, three writing samples, and a list of other publications authored in the field.
Apply for Senior Researcher, Sustainability Centre - EU using the link below: