The Account Manager, Member Development is responsible for strengthening and expanding relationships with prominent Fortune 1000 and equivalent type companies who are members of The Conference Board (TCB). The critical outcome for this position is tied to the overall objectives of The Conference Board to increase member retention through establishing and executing on engagement strategies. Success in this role involves partnering with Directors of Associate Services, Member Development Associates, Knowledge Experts and Product Specialists.
Reports to the Executive Director, U.S. Development. Works across territories in partnership with Directors, Associate Service.
Principal Direct Activities
- Creates and executes strategies to expand awareness of TCB products and services to increase overall membership retention rates for these members.
- Collaborates with Executive Director and DAS to set strategic direction for TCB interaction with assigned vulnerable and new member companies.
- Independently develops customized member engagement plans to increase utilization of TCB services focusing on relevant six key functions using a portfolio of member engagement tools. This requires an analysis of the TCB Members’ business issues and matching TCB’s knowledge and content to their needs, and recommending relevant research, briefings, conferences and councils for that member’s unique situation. Supports approximately 20 new members and 20 vulnerable members annually, with a membership value of $1,500,000.
- Constantly communicating the value of TCB to senior executives in our member companies through video, email, phone and face-to-face. Individual meetings with executives from assigned member companies at various meetings (councils, centers, conferences, seminars and city briefings) scheduled at TCB Headquarters and in the surrounding area are important opportunities to leverage.
Helps drive insights about our members through effective use of our CRM.
1. Ensures quality data and reports for monthly operation reviews
2. Works to improve TCB’s delivery to its members by ensuring that member feedback is accurately documented in the CRM in a timely manner.
- Must work toward staying abreast of TCB insights and market shifts so that they can better connect TCB insights to member needs.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TCB is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of proven success in client management or successful consultative or solution selling to senior executives in the Fortune 1000 or equivalent marketplace.
- Proven experience in independently managing multiple client relationships, achieving revenue goals, and managing personal sales strategies in a similar environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills; impeccable written and phone communication skills.
- A results-oriented team player.
- Position is located in New York
- Travel up to 20-25% of the time, as required to perform the duties of the job.
- A fast learner who is at ease with technology.
Individual needs the education, experience and talent necessary to discuss TCB activities in the context of current business issues and the needs of member organizations.
Apply for Account Manager - Member Development using the link below: