The Member Development Associate (MDA) position is an engagement and sales support position within the Member Development Team (existing members) on U.S. Development Team. The primary function of the MDA role is to work directly with member executives (all modes of communication: telephone, email, virtual, in person meetings at events etc.) in the context of the account strategy to increase utilization within member companies. The MDA partners with the DAS to help the territory achieve its revenue targets.
The Member Services Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager, Sales Operations, US Development and works directly with the Director of Associate Service in support of assigned member companies in their territory. They work with a designated Membership team (Director of Associate Service (DAS), Council Development Managers (CDM), and Council Development Associates (CDA). The MDA also works with the DAS and the Product sales specialists, including the Governance Center sales specialist, the Committee for Economic Development Sales specialist, the China Center sales specialist, etc. in support of sales to the member companies in the Territory. The MDA works closely with the Member Development Coordinator (MDC)). The MDA also works in conjunction with Accounting, Council Managers, and the Knowledge Organization
Principal Direct Activities
Developing Member Engagement Strategies
- Uses techniques in the Member Engagement Workbook to help to develop an overall Member Engagement Plan appropriate to the specific member company
- Supports Member and City Briefings
- Secures targeted attendees, including MDA warm touch contacts
- Engages with members at the event.
- Develops appropriate follow-up with participants and no shows
- Generate, orchestrate and conduct conversations with contacts from member companies (from various functions and levels) to help the member to utilize the benefits of membership (insights from research and insights from peers).
- Participates in the development of account strategies, including gathering research on the company through secondary resources
- Gather and assemble member activity in appropriate mediums (PowerPoint/Excel) that displays member activity in a compelling way to be shared with members
- Support DAS member engagement efforts, including securing appointments.
- Develop and execute MDA Engagement Plans (which includes contact & utilization analysis)
- Transition new member engagement efforts from New Business Development team at time of sale and after first year renewal from New Member Account Manager.
- Target, solicit, design and execute member benefit web tours.
- By means of department’s Renewal Engagement Cycle ensures that members are fully engaged 3 months prior to renewal date.
Implement Renewal Process
- Using the department's prescribed renewal process ensures that invoices are sent out in a timely fashion with maximum increases and with a renewal package that summarizes and displays member activity in a compelling way.
- Using the department's prescribed delinquent process ensures that all invoices are followed up on in a timely fashion and that all key stakeholders are kept apprised of the status of the delinquents. Working with assigned DASes, manages territory increases (opportunities) to ensure that maximum increases are pursued with members.
- Respond to customers inquiries. Ensure that the company structure for member companies are accurately reflected in Sugar including all key titles and domain names.
Undertakes departmental tasks as delegated by the Senior Manager, Sales Operations, US Development
Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a strong interest in marketing or sales
- Have Bachelor’s degree (a plus if majored in Marketing) and 2 to 5 years of sales experience or the equivalent.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be proactive
- Have good attention for details
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Have good organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multitask
- Be able to exercise good judgment.
- Be a team player with a customer service mentality.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Familiarity with various telecommunication software (ZipDX, Skype) and Adobe a plus
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.