About the Conference Board
Founded in 1916, The Conference Board (TCB) has convened collaborative executive networks and learning programs, known as Councils for 100 years. Our mission is unique: To provide the world’s leading organizations with the practical knowledge they need to improve their performance and better serve society. Through collaborative effort, innovative thinking, and supportive management, the Councils Program has grown to 100+ peer learning forums with global membership of over 2,500 executives coming from Fortune 1000 companies.
We’re looking for a motivated marketing and business development professional to join our growing Council Development Team.
The Council Development Associate is a development and sales position for the Councils Program (invitation only peer-to-peer executive networks). The primary responsibility for this role is lead generation for 100+ U.S. based Councils. This position offers the opportunity to learn business dynamics and account management by navigating through the world’s leading organizations. Through career progression, the Council Development Associate will move into an account management position with responsibility for a portfolio of companies.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Council Development Operations.
Principal Direct Activities
- Learn and manage the Council development process by working directly with Council Development Managers and completing sales and marketing training
- Collaborate on membership strategy to grow Councils Program
- Take ownership of sales pipeline, and membership reporting for assigned, individual Councils
- Build strategy with Council and territory managers to identify prospects for new products and services
- Manage projects for the Council Development Team and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 1-2 years of post-graduate experience, preferably in business development, account management, or marketing capacity
- Undergraduate degree required
- Desire to develop account management, marketing, or business development career
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of database management
- Customer focus with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Benefits and Compensation
The Conference Board offers a competitive total compensation package. As part of our competitive benefits package, we offer remote work capabilities, comprehensive retirement and benefits, and a communal and collaborative working environment. In addition, we have a completely remodeled office (2014) in the heart of Midtown East with state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure.
Apply for Council Development Associate using the link below: