About the Conference Board
Founded in 1916, The Conference Board (TCB) has convened collaborative executive networks and learning programs, known as Councils for 100 years. Our mission is unique: To provide the world’s leading organizations with the practical knowledge they need to improve their performance and better serve society. Through collaborative effort, innovative thinking, and supportive management, the Councils Program has grown to 100+ peer learning forums with global membership of over 2,500 executives coming from Fortune 1000 companies.
We’re looking for a motivated marketing and business development professional to join our growing Council Development Team.
The Council Development Associate is a development position for the Councils Program (invitation only peer-to-peer executive networks). The primary responsibility for this role is lead generation for a portfolio of 15-20 Councils. In this role, you will be expected to drive results and thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment by being adaptive and interactive. This position offers the opportunity to learn business dynamics and account management by navigating throughthe world’s leading organizations. Through career progression, the Council Development Associate may have the opportunity to move into an account management position.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Council Development Operations.
Principal Direct Activities
- Act as the point-person for 15-20 U.S. Councils, managing the communication and implementation of development strategies for the council team (Executive Directors, Council Program Directors, Council Managers, and Account Managers).
- Drive results to meet or exceed annual and quarterly quotas for qualified leads passed to the Council Development team with a minimum of 1,000 new leads created annually.
- Collaborate on membership strategy with council team to drive the growth of councils
- Lead all membership and prospect reporting for portfolio of councils and communicate directly with council stakeholders.
- Manage information in the CRM including research and data pertaining to leads, interaction between TCB and contacts, and information related to council meetings and engagement.
- Lead projects for the Council Development Team and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 1-2 years of post-graduate experience, preferably in business development, account management, or marketing capacity
- Undergraduate degree required
- Desire to develop account management, marketing, or business development career
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of database management. CRM experience highly desired
- Customer focus with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of detail orientation and organization to coordinate all work flows and processes
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently to meet department goals and objectives
Benefits and Compensation
The Conference Board offers a competitive total compensation package. As part of our competitive benefits package, we offer remote work capabilities, comprehensive retirement and benefits, and a communal and collaborative working environment. In addition, we have a completely remodeled office (2014) in the heart of Midtown East with state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure.
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.