The Member Services Coordinator works with assigned Directors of Associate Service (DAS) to implement their business development strategy to ensure satisfaction of existing member companies increasing their utilization of TCB services. This requires direct interface with member executives who function as Liaison Executives and/or Key Executives as well as executives in multiple functions throughout these companies. This position also works with the DAS to support new membership sales to non-member companies, and with the Global Membership team to support the sale and servicing of Global members.
The Member Services Coordinator reports to the Manager of Associate Service and he/she works directly with the Directors of Associate Service to support new business development and member servicing activities.
Principal Direct Activities
Sales and Member Engagement (35% of time)
The MSC supports the DAS’s efforts to ensure that members are aware of our product offerings and are fully engaged with the Board. The MSC also supports DAS’s efforts to increase its membership base by ensuring that their prospect funnel is developed with key/functional executives and that both members and non-members have frequent personalized touches.
- Provide personalized service to TCB members and non-members.
- Effectively communicates by phone and in memos/e-mails with members and non-members about The Conference Board and its offerings.
- Implements a variety of approaches to increase customer participation in TCB programs:
- On-Boards new Liaison Executives and Key Executives using a variety of techniques, including web tours.
Territory Management Support (35% of time)
The MSC works with the DAS team to demonstrate the value of membership to member companies.
- Customer visit preparation, support and follow-up.
- Independently assembles materials (from a library of collateral) appropriate for the specific member briefing.
- Takes an active role in Territory Planning with the DAS by analyzing business development opportunities.
- Perform Annual Member Utilization Analysis using information from a customer database.
Sales Administrative Support (20% of time)
- Prepare professional business memos using Microsoft Word.
- Independently communicates with customer (via e-mail, letter, or phone) in a professional and customer friendly manner.
- Prepare and analyze spreadsheets.
- Have a professional telephone demeanor.
Financial Management Process
- Review current membership fees and advise DAS of any discrepancy in membership fee in accordance with approved fee schedule.
- Manage invoicing process, including follow-up.
Department Support (10% of time)
Work with Administrator, Associate Service to ensure that the back office processes that support the day to day operations of the department are carried out, including supporting other team members as needed.
- Qualify sales leads.
- Undertakes departmental tasks as delegated by the Administrator, Associate Service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate must:
- Be proactive;
- Have good attention for details;
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Have good organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Be able to exercise good judgment.
- Be a team player with a customer service mentality.
- Be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Familiarity with various telecommunication software (ZipDX, Skype) and Adobe a plus
- Familiarity with Hoovers, Capital IQ, Datamonitor and various company websites a plus.