SPONSORSHIP SALES EXECUTIVE
Responsible for developing prospects and selling sponsorship for assigned Conference Board’s conferences.
Reports to Manager of Sponsorship Sales
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for annual growth of sponsorship revenue. Current budget is $3.7 M Conferences
- Generating new business and increasing revenue from new and existing conference clients.
- Accurately forecasting and reporting activities and results to Manager.
- Develops new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, coordinating groups and closing sales.
- With Program Directors, Senior Vice President, Engagement, Executive Directors of Engagement, ascertains sponsorship needs and assists in strategy for seeking sponsorship.
- Gathers and tracks intelligence on competitive offerings to maintain competitive advantage.
- Seeks out opportunities for expansion and growth through prospecting and research.
- Develops and assists in the creation of Sponsorship Proposals for meetings, research and combined packages.
- Assists Program Directors and others throughout The Conference Board in sponsor sales. Involved in establishing sales calls and negotiations as necessary.
- Coordinates with Directors of Associate Service, other departments and regions of world for cross selling opportunities
- Attends Conference Board events to engage sponsors, and solicit new sponsors.
- Maintains reports on personal sales, sponsor commitments, activities and contacts.
- Performs additional duties as delegated by Sponsorship Sales Manager
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Strong knowledge of business issues
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to work with and pitch to senior level executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Conference experience / knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven within a team structure.