The Department Assistant of Engagement supports the Senior Vice President and four Executive Directors, Engagement who drive the delivery of councils, conferences and webcasts.
The Department Assistant of Engagement will assist administratively in research and analysis efforts to assess the viability of existing and new offerings. In addition, the Department Assistant of Engagement will perform general administrative functions -coordinating and tracking reports, expenses as well as performing other administrative functions as needed.
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Engagement and to the Executive Directors of Engagement.
Principal Direct Activities
- Works with Executive Directors and Conference and Council Product Managers in researching, organizing and summarizing opportunities to expand or launch products and services.
- Provides technical and administrative support needed to Sponsor Sales staff to create briefings, proposals and presentations designed to secure sponsor revenue on new conferences.
- Organizes meetings with subject matter experts, sponsors and program directors
- Answers incoming calls, emails and questions.
- Acts as liaison with internal departments.
- Maintains and coordinate calendars, prepare and file individual expense reports and coordinate travel for Senior Vice President and Executive Directors.
- Completes projects as assigned from SVP.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional organization in marketing, client services or business development
- Exceptional writing, communication and grammar skills
- A project manager, leader mentality
- Proactive problem solver, solutions focused
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel, Access and some HTML