Audience Development Sales Manager
The Audience Development Sales Manager is a polished, well-educated, confident and articulate professional whose role is to present, and sell The Conference Board’s portfolio of high quality events to mid-senior business leaders interested in attending.
Success in the position requires the Manager to possess enthusiasm, integrity as well as a motivation to achieve the revenue targets set by the organization. Good written communication skills as well as a customer oriented attitude are essential qualifications.
Reports to the Senior Manager Audience Development but may take assignments from department managers as approved by the Executive Director of Engagement – Economies, Markets & Value Creation or Marketing Director.
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for achieving personal sales target.
- Responsible for achieving sales KPIs (including but not limited to dial rates, pitch time, close rates).
- Responsible for generating new business and increasing revenue from new and existing conference clients.
- Effectively communicates the value of TCB conferences to senior executives and other executives who are potential attendees.
- Works closely with production, marketing and sponsorship functions to deliver successful events.
- Accurately forecasts and reports activities, call feedback and results to management.
- Aligns TCB conference offerings with needs of the prospective attendee. Is innovative in finding new ways to communicate the value proposition to prospective attendees.
- Provides first-class customer service and communication to attendees and prospects.
- Responsible for collecting payments on own sales pre-event.
- Responsible for working with TCB employees in other geographic regions, as appropriate.
- Executes the call plan and sales approach as determined by management.
- Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about TCB’s conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications Requirements:
- 3-4 years of sales leadership experience is required in a conference, event or media organization.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Thorough understanding of delegate sales and sales processes in general.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, client-service oriented.
- Ability to work with and present to senior level executives.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excel at managing multiple tasks at one time and perform in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Degree of competence with MS Excel. Demonstrable ability to create and work with simple pivot tables.
- Must possess a bachelor degree, advanced degree preferred.