The Audience Development Sales Manager is a polished, well-educated, confident and articulate professional whose role is to present, and sell The Conference Board’s portfolio of high quality events to mid-senior business leaders interested in attending.
Success in the position requires the Manager to possess enthusiasm, integrity as well as a motivation to achieve the revenue targets set by the organization. Good written communication skills as well as a customer oriented attitude are essential qualifications.
Reports to the Senior Manager Audience Development but may take assignments from department managers as approved by the Executive Director of Direct Marketing
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for achieving personal sales target.
- Responsible for achieving sales KPIs (including but not limited to dial rates, pitch time, close rates).
- Responsible for generating new business and increasing revenue from new and existing conference clients.
- Effectively communicates the value of TCB conferences to senior executives and other executives who are potential attendees.
- Works closely with production, marketing and sponsorship functions to deliver successful events.
- Accurately forecasts and reports activities, call feedback and results to management.
- Aligns TCB conference offerings with needs of the prospective attendee. Is innovative in finding new ways to communicate the value proposition to prospective attendees.
- Provides first-class customer service and communication to attendees and prospects.
- Responsible for collecting payments on own sales pre-event.
- Responsible for working with TCB employees in other geographic regions, as appropriate.
- Executes the call plan and sales approach as determined by management.
- Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about TCB’s conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications Requirements:
1-4 years of sales experience is preferred. Must possess a bachelor degree and possess the ability to work with, and pitch to, senior level executives. Candidate must have excellent communication, writing and reading skills. Candidate must be able to work on multiple projects and with minimal supervision both independently and be self- driven within a team structure. Ability to strategically identify target audience and stay focused in placing 90+ outbound calls daily to achieve sales goals. Experience in self-generating sales leads as well as the capability to work off of warm leads. Conference experience / knowledge is a plus. Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Email based programs. Candidate must have a pleasant demeanor and a positive attitude to function within a team based environment