Sponsorship Development Executive
Responsible for developing prospects, selling sponsorships and managing relationships for assigned Conference Board’s conferences.
Reports to Manager of Sponsorship Sales
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for annual growth of sponsorship revenue. Current budget is $3.7 M Conferences
- Generating new business and increasing revenue from new and existing conference clients.
- Accurately forecasting and reporting activities and results to Manager.
- Develops new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, coordinating groups and closing sales.
- With Program Directors, Senior Vice President, Engagement, Executive Directors of Engagement, and Director of Sponsorship ascertains sponsorship needs and assists in strategy for seeking sponsorship.
- Gathers and track intelligence on competitive offerings to maintain competitive advantage.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth through prospecting and research.
- Develop and assist in the creation of Sponsorship Proposals for meetings, research and combined packages.
- Assist Program Directors and others throughout The Conference Board in sponsor sales. Involved in establishing sales calls and negotiations as necessary.
- Coordinate with Directors of Associate Service, other departments and regions of world for cross selling opportunities.
- Attend Conference Board events to engage sponsors, and solicit new sponsors.
- Maintain reports on personal sales, sponsor commitments, activities and contacts.
- Perform additional duties as delegated by Sponsorship Sales Manager.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of business-to-business sales experience.
- Strong knowledge of business issues.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Ability to work with and pitch to senior level executives.
- Understanding of complex business issues and negotiations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Conference and/or industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven within a team structure.