The Council Product Manager supports the Senior Vice President and four Executive Directors, Engagement. The Council Product Manager will be responsible for the profitability, quality and consistency of councils. Responsible for setting high standards across all councils and ensuring delivery of value to members.
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Works closely with EDs, Associate Director of Products and Services, Council Managers and Supervises Senior Council Manager.
Principal Direct Activities
- Involved in establishing and maintaining annual strategy for council product- $12 Million Revenues.
- Analysis of KPIs, Monitoring of Metrics- Replacements, Quits, New Members. Improving these statistics.
- Tracking of Touchpoints, Surveys, Joint Meetings, Council Perspectives. Maintains and Updates Value Matrix.
- Profitability analyses.
- Works with Budget Analyst on Council Revenue Model, Pricing, Renewals-to achieve budgeted revenues and margin.
- New Council Product Analysis-viability, go/no go.
- Competitive analyses.
- Customer Satisfaction Monitoring-Review Surveys.
- With Council Managers, creates a program to conduct both Member Outreach- flag potential problems, disengaged members and track former members and monitor member feedback for EDs and PDs to improve retention and replacement rates as well as reduce quits.
- Works closely with those responsible for sales-Product and Services sales reps, DASs and Marketing.
- Identifies opportunities and seeks out new products/methods for delivering value.
- Supervision of quality control.
- Oversee contract creation for Program Directors, establishing Fees and Bonus structures.
- With EDs trains new Council PDs.
- CEUs Liaison- Work with Manager to ensure that credits are obtained and delivered.
- Acts as liaison with internal departments.
- Completes projects as assigned from SVP.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in a professional organization in marketing, client services or business development
- An MBA is desirable but not required.
- Exceptional analytical and operational skills
- Strong writing, communication and grammar skills
- A project manager, leader mentality
- Proactive problem solver, solutions focused
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel