Account Manager Texas-based
This individual will have responsibility for strengthening and expanding relationships with prominent Fortune 1000 type companies who are members of The Conference Board (TCB) in order to maximize territory revenues. Member retention and executive engagement, including identification of specialized sales opportunities and partnering with Directors of Associate Services (DAS) and Product Specialists to sell TCB products and services, are central activities for this member-facing role.
Reports to the Sales Team Implementation Leads, and ultimately to Senior Vice President, US Development. Works in an assigned territory as part of a territory account team, and takes direction on overall territory strategy from the DAS.
Principal Direct Activities
- Works independently and in partnership with DAS and Product teams as appropriate to create and execute territory and account plans and strategy. Maintaining and growing member engagement is a priority. Demonstrate effectiveness by consistently hitting (and exceeding) territory revenue and qualitative targets.
- Sets strategic direction for TCB interaction with assigned member companies. Interfaces with all levels and functions within assigned member companies in order to ensure TCB mindshare and perspective.
- Effectively communicates the value of TCB's programs and services to senior executives through both oral and written means. Must be skilled at speaking to large and small groups alike. Works both on-site at member locations and virtually using video and web technology.
- Independently develops and executes member engagement customized implementation plans for all members in the territory, using a portfolio of member engagement tools. This includes developing member engagement programs as part of the on-boarding process for new members to ensure membership renewal.
- Independently and continually acquires TCB product/service knowledge. Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm about TCB's programs and services. Uses analytical skills to understand our member’s changing business issues and needs. Effectively communicates with executives to apply TCB knowledge assets and services to members’ specific business situations.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from members.
- Works in conjunction with Enterprise DAS team and/or product team on implementing strategies and new initiatives as assigned.
- Use CRM-system notes and other means to provide member input and own feedback to help improve the relevance, quality, and value of products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TCB is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of proven success in client management or successful consultative or solution selling to senior executives in the Fortune 1000 or equivalent marketplace.
- Proven experience in independently managing multiple client relationships, achieving revenue goals, and managing personal sales strategies in a similar environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills; impeccable written and phone communication skills.
- A results-oriented team player.
- Ability to work successfully in a virtual work environment.
- Travel up to 20-25% of the time, as required to perform the duties of the job.
- A fast learner who is at ease with technology.
- Individual needs the education, experience and talent necessary to discuss TCB activities in the context of current business issues and the needs of member organizations.